The squat exercise is a very famous bodyweight exercise among young guys. So, here we try to give you a very scientific analysis of squats as well as its amazing benefits. First of all, I would like to mention that Squatting is a multi-tasking exercise. It works for thigh muscles both quadriceps and hamstrings. In addition to that, this unbelievable exercise can strengthen your calf muscles, gluteus muscles and lumbar muscles. It also works for your cardiovascular system.
How to perform the proper squat exercise without errors
- Stand on your feet approximately hip width apart
- Keep spine in neutral position
- Hands are straight to the forward
- Tighten your core muscles and if you can concentrate on your core during exercise
- Then, goes down by flexing both hip and knee joints while you are inhaling
- When your thighs are parallel to the floor, hold on few seconds
- Make sure that your knees must keep behind the toes
- Then, goes up while exhaling
When you perform this regularly, It is good to make a plan with 12 reps for each set. As well as you have to complete 4 reps. Try to do this if you are a beginner. Unless u can master this and quickly move to the squat variations as soon as possible.
you can do this at home guys easily
Variations of squatting
The squat is one of the key body building exercise. By adding weights you can use it upper body strengthening as well.
How to do squats with weights (Dumbbell Squats)
- Stand with feet apart, a dumbbell in each hand and the arms relaxed
- You look straight ahead
- Inhale, slightly arch the back and bend the knees
- When the thighs reach horizontal stop movement and keep 2 or 3 seconds
- Then slowly Extend the legs and return to the initial position while exhaling.
- Working with moderate weights in sets of 10 to 15 repetitions
- There is no point in using Heavy weights for best results
Specialist: This exercise mainly works for quadriceps and the gluteal muscles
How to do barbell squats
Here, there are two ways of holding the barbell. You can hold it either your front side or on your upper back muscles
This is a frequently used exercises in weight training. You should hold the barbell on the upper pectoral muscles and the anterior deltoid.
- Stand with the legs about shoulder-width apart and holding the bar with an overhead grip
- Inhale deeply, slightly arch the low back, Contract the abdominal core, and bend the knees to lower the thighs horizontal to the floor.
- Maintain that position 2 seconds
- Return to the initial position and breathe out at the end of the movement.
- Stick out the chest and to raise the elbows as high as possible to prevent the barbell from sliding forward.
- Do this first with low weights with 10 or 12 repetitions and 4 sets. then gradually increase the reps count and weight.
Specialist: This exercise contracts the gluteal muscles, hamstring, abdominal core, and the erector spinae
This type always can be classified into two ways. You can place the barbell either on your trapezius or on the deltoid and the trapezius.
- Hold the bar firmly and place it on the trapezius a bit higher than the posterior deltoid.
- Keep hand at a comfortable width, shoulder width apart and the elbows back.
- Inhale deeply and slightly arch the back by rotating the pelvis forward.
- Contract the abdominal core and look straight ahead. keep knee behind your toes.
- When the thighs are horizontal to the floor, hold 2 seconds and then Straighten the legs and lift the torso to return to the initial position.
- Exhale at the end of the movement.
You can also perform this like front squats for getting maximum benefits.
specialist: This variation mainly works the quadriceps, gluteal muscles, adductor muscles, adductor group, erector spinae muscles, and the hamstrings.
Amazing benefits of squat exercise
Build up a strong core
Maintaining a strong core is always bless for you. Not only the body shape, but it also gives you great balance and posture control for your daily activities. So, finally it affects your health life. Most of the guys focus on key core strengthening exercises such as the plank, abdominal crunches, leg raises. However just study the science of squats, it really helps for building a strong core.
Strengthen your lower body muscles
Actually, Squat exercise is a closed chain exercise. Because when someone perform this exercise distal part of the body is not moving. So, weight of the upper body works as resistance, when you straight your torso, your quadriceps contract for doing knee extension. While hip extension, you can make strong gluteal muscles. Your hamstrings also get strengthen by squatting since knee flexion movement
Lose your calories and get rid of obesity
Squatting is an amazing exercise to lower your calories. Most people think that they should do running, Jogging, cycling to lose calories. But Studies have revealed that burning calories is among the key benefits of squats. Obesity is a key negative impact of present society. But doing squats regularly, It won’t be an issue for your life
Ease your daily activities and prevent injuries
Squatting is a great exercise for strengthening and stretching the lower body muscles and core muscles. So, it really helps for balance both front and back muscles and maintain body posture. Also, it gives you more flexibility. So, these facts prove us that squats prevent your risk of having injuries.
On the other hand, most of the time we do sitting on a chair and standing in our daily life. So, Squats make it much easier since squat is like hard version of those movements.
Uplifting the Sprinters performance
Athletes also practice some high-class squats for improve their abilities. Researchers found that jumping squats uplift the performance level of sprinters. Also, injury prevention is another benefit of squats for sprinters
Enhance your bones and joints health
When you carefully study about science behind the squats, it is not just a strengthening exercise. It stretches the muscles as I mention earlier as well as it improves your bones and joints health. You can’t do squats without using your hip joint and knee joint. ankle joint also does dorsiflexion. So, joint movements in regular range for a prolong time aid for uplift joints’ health.
On the other hand, squatting is a weight bearing exercise. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases weight bearing and resistance training exercises act a major role in preventing bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
In addition to these key points, There are many benefits of squats. When you are performing it regularly, try to analyze squats benefits. It will be much effective for you rather than just read this article.
Squatting is a great multi tasking body weight exercise. Try to maintain correct posture and choose best weights for gaining maximum benefits of squats.
- If you have any doubt, Leave a comment.